Dr Wade Takenishi is pleased to offer the advanced technology of the Epic Laser to continually improve our patients’ experience.
The EPIC Diode Laser is one of the most versatile pieces of technology used by Dr Wade Takenishi. Utilizing the latest in laser technology, EPIC is the only diode laser in the US approved for soft tissue procedures, teeth whitening, and pain therapy (typically TMJ).
Soft Tissue Laser Dentistry Procedures
For soft tissue procedures such as periodontal pocket therapy, treatment of ulcers/cold sores, or even reducing bacterial count in periodontal pockets, there is no better tool than the EPIC. The epic is used in all deep cleanings to help with reducing bacterial count and helping the stimulation of possible bone growth. It also helps with softening tarter on teeth, so that it is easier to remove with our ultrasonics and hand scalers. This all adds up to improved comfort and healing time for our patients.
Laser Teeth Whitening
When performing teeth whitening, the EPIC need only be equipped with its special whitening headpiece that helps distribute its beam across the patient’s teeth. With an average whitening of 4-6 shades in only 20 minutes, the EPIC is among the fastest and most efficient of any in-office whitening systems.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry:
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental laser may not require sutures(stitches)
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to the surrounding tissue is minimized.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
- Tooth Sensitivity can be eliminated as the laser can be used to seal tubules that are responsible for hot and cold
- Laser Dentistry can reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of a gummy
- It is used to reshape gum tissue and bone to expose healthier tooth structure (Crown Lengthening)
- Muscle Attachment: a laser frenectomy is an ideal treatment option for children who are tongue-tied and babies unable to breast feed adequately due to limited tongue movement.